Week 5 - Finding Positivity in Your Plateau

Sunday, February 16, 2014
This week was a hard one. I lent my juicer to a couple friends to help encourage them to try juicing.  I MISSED IT SO MUCH.  Who'd a thunk?  I missed the energy from drinking juice. I missed not having to meal plan or think of snacks that are healthy.  It was easy to juice, grab a jar for a snack and go!
But even without my juice this week, I rocked 5 workout days this week.  I learned about HIITs (High Intensity Interval Training) and implemented that on the stationary bike. It really did cut cardio in half!  I even did more miles on the bike with HIITs than walking treadmill for 45 minutes.

Every Saturday is my weigh-in day before I go to training. I do my normal routine, bathroom, don't eat or drink and weigh....

When you hit your plateau...




Yeah I hated my scale. Yeah, I hated myself for a minutes. No, I didn't replace the scale. I did rage face like that though! I had hit the same weight 3 weeks in a row. I know you're saying "well at least you didn't gain!" and you're right. I kept telling myself and considering I was PMSing (sorry guys) and girls you know you want to EAT ALL THE FOODZ when it comes to that week. Valentine's day brought cakes and chocolate pushed my way..I politely turned it down. I survived another week but it made me realize that I have hit a plateau since I started this whole thing (for real) 5 weeks ago.  My trainer friend encouraged me and we had an awesome workout Saturday.  Then he went the extra mile and sent me 3 workouts I can use when I go to the gym for the week!  This is really good because when I get to the gym, I need focus, a checklist. I will have to push myself more to get over the hump.

Since I was having a hard time this week really staying positive, I thought today would be a good day to reflect on my Achievement list!
This made me feel tons better!! I added one to this list that wasn't originally on there only because I thought it would be more of a long term goal.

 January 10th through February 15th:

  • Achievement Unlocked! "5 Dailies Complete!" Complete 5 days of isometric exercises every morning before work.
  • Achievement Unlocked! "Sugar Overload No Mo'!" No soda for 1 month.
  • Achievement Unlocked! "Juiced!" Buy a juicer!
  • Achievement Unlocked! "3 Day Reboot" Complete a 3 day juice fast.
  • Achievement Unlocked! "Drink Apple juice cause OJ will kill y...nevermind" Complete a 5 day juice fast.
  • Achievement Unlocked! "Better get a belt!" Drop one pant size!
I can't even believe I have completed all of this in just over a month.  The before me...wouldn't think twice of even thinking up some of these. Another part of me would have made the list but it would just lay there an collect dust.  I am happy for change :) 

Since I have completed several of the achievements from the previous list, I decided to add to the list:
  •  Complete the Xbox Fitness Achievement "That was my Everest":  Jumped, climbed and squatted the height of Mt. Everest (8,848 m). 
  • Lose my first 10 pounds since January 10th.  (3lbs shy!!) 
  • Earn 25 Starts on Xbox Fitness: The workout stars are awarded based on your cumulative fitness points (FP) for the session. To acquire this achievement, you simply need to have 25 workout stars. It's like leveling up when you do a workout. 
  • Run, Bike, Walk - Perform 16 miles in one week of cardio. 
  • Buy a bike, ride a greenway.
  • Do a (regular) push up.
  • Do a pull up. 
  • Drop 2 pant sizes.
  • Complete first cosplay for myself.
That last one is weird to some of you that read this maybe?  Cosplay is "Costume Play".  To me, it's an amazing art form of costuming using many materials to recreate a character from a game, movie - whatever - using yourself as the canvas.  I follow several of professionals (yes they do this for a LIVING) and I decided that since I am on this lifestyle change of healthiness...why not really go for it.  Most things I would love to costume as.. I would never feel comfortable in.  I decided that while I may not be "skinny mini" I am going to do my best to complete a costume for DragonCon in Atlanta Labor Day weekend. :) 
I am so very excited for this. My friends and I have brainstormed things we might like to do. We may even be doing a group costume. Not sure. If money allows me to complete 2 - I will do it!  But I wanted to do something that I would feel comfortable in. Something that I can pull off since I am a curvy girl, I can rock it out just like anyone else. I want to do this for me..to have fun..because I have never done it before..

This is not my artwork - I do not own the rights to this image.
Meet the barbarian female from Diablo 3!  Now mind you, I don't know if I will do this exact gear set. I definitely won't be baring all on the thighs and stomach haha!  But I want to tailor it around me.  And if you know me, I feel like I "fit" her.  Plus I can make a huge axe or sword (*drool*).  I love the fur, the armor, the spikes RAWR!  So, that will be an adventure as I start buying supplies next week.  I will probably post progress on facebook.  I can't wait!! 

As always - thanks for the read. I appreciate you all. I am by no means the pro blogger and my stuff might be a bit boring but I do it for me. :) 

Until next week.... GAME ON!

0 comments:

Post a Comment