Fitness Level - Noob, New Years Resolution-ers, Foodz and Gamez.

Monday, January 13, 2014
Greetings Nerd Herd!
So, you're probably wonder why I have restarted the blog (those few but I'm-grateful-for-you-all peeps). New blog..fresh, new, and sparkly.  I did it because I am embarking on an epic quest.  A quest of better health...a new lifestyle.  Oh how the timing fell at the beginning of the year with the New Years Resolution-ers...yeah.  I HATE NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.   Please understand that this is not a month long process and then quitting.  This is something that I have struggled with all my life.



I am doing this for change..not for diet. I am doing this for a new lifestyle..not for a few pounds. It's like playing a video game.  Like old school Mario for instance.  You try and try and each level..a new obstacle. Each level you face the same ol' boss.  When you think you've defeated him and won the princess...BAM!!!! Just kidding!!! Your princess is in another castle...(Srsly..how many castles do you have in Mushroom Kingdom..just sayin').  Anyway, my point is I have created obstacles and I have gotten past them to face my own epic boss...weight loss.  At some point, I get to the point to where I've been to so many "castles" I get tired of searching. Searching for that right path to take to down the boss and get epic lootz.  So, this time.. I am telling myself to...

Starting over. New game. 5 "mans" left.
I am taking a new route in my epic journey.  It is inspired by my great friend Zach B. who took matters in his own hands. He has worked very hard and has lost over 100 lbs by doing it right, watching his foods, exercise and changing his lifestyle.  (Check out his blog I Once Was Fat But Now I See ).

As I said I am going a new route with this. I am slowly integrating holistic foods (organics, ancient grains, grass-fed, etc) in my everyday nom-sessions and hiring a personal training to get more guidance with my work outs.  I have no idea what I am doing in there half the time.  To me - it's worth every penny I can put toward it.  So..please do not view this as a New Years resolution.  Allow me to introduce you to me - the fluffy nerd - destined to be more and to live more than "5 mans".

I am Jayme. I am Girlygamernerd. I am going to do this.  I need your support, your advice and hell.. I need your recipes because I love me some foods! If you take the time to read and you noticed I haven't blogged...you tell me about it! My plan is to blog at least once a week (week end review I suppose).

I used to be an adventurer, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

Ok. Ok. Not really. I have always been overweight though. I never let it get me down too much.  I usually was the quiet one. Kept to myself. At least until high school and I opened up and became a little more of me. I won't go into a long boring story of my childhood.  But I will tell you of an awesome Christmas morning in 198...*cough* year.  It was a good ol' year.  The year I got my Nintendo *insert dream sequence here*.  I have played video games ever since.  I didn't opt out of hanging with friends or going outside though. Nope..I loved doing all of that. Riding bikes hours everyday and then running inside to cool off and play a few games and then back out we went!  But it is one hobby that has stuck with me. Part of it is the love of creation of games and stories.  So when I grew up.. it grew up with me. So, I decided that the best "theme" if you will of this blog would be to tailor it around gaming.  


This pic describes it all for me and that's how I am going to approach it.  I have already started my own achievement list.  As I begin working toward these goals or achieve them, I will make sure to share! Once I make the full list I will eventually post and of course add to it as I go along.  

 I even bought an Xbox One a few weeks ago.  I just found where they have free access of Xbox Fitness where it has tons of videos from different tv personality trainers to get you moving and looking like a beached whale all in your own living room!!  No..but seriously, I will do a review on it the more I use it. The first time I braved the 10 minute work out I felt ridiculous but I felt good...like I did something! Yay for something!!

Coming soon, I plan to list some achievements as I come up with them, discuss food (ALL THE FOODZ!!!), gym days, and even post my bad days.  I hope with this blog, I can inspire someone as my friend inspired me.  This keeps me working..this keeps me accountable.  I will not be a resolution-er.  I will be fit.

Game saved successfully...

1 comments:

Bethany Says:
January 14, 2014 at 3:06 PM

This is awesome!! So proud of you Jayme, AND I MISSYOUUUUU

Post a Comment